Santa Barbara Chocolate - Healthy Trees, Happy Farmers, Great Chocolate.
While working with Santa Barbara Chocolate I've had an incredible opportunity to visit many diverse chocolatiers. This blog is dedicated to all of us that love chocolate and subtle indulgences. The content represented is a combination of my opinion and research that I come across in the chocolate industry.
- Name: Jason Vishnefske
- Location: United States
My personal goal at Santa Barbara Chocolate is to form friendships that last with all our partners, customers and friends. Working with California’s premiere chocolate company I strive to take all aspects of the good life and translate it into chocolate. I know how important it is to balance beautiful chocolate with a healthy lifestyle which is why I try to create chocolate that is nothing but pure. I know that our customers want and deserve only the very best service, the very best wholesale prices and sterling service every step of the way. This is my pledge.
Monday, May 13, 2013
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Wholesale Chocolate Ingredients
The Joy of Buying Wholesale
A Company That Cares
Chocolate From Across the Globe on your Doorstep
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Chocolate and Tea Pairing
Chocolate and Tea
Full Bodied Tea
Friends, Lovers and Soul Mates
Friday, April 26, 2013
Chocolate and Coffee Pairing
Blending the Perfect Taste
Central and South American Coffee
African CoffeeAfrican coffee tends to hold a more medium bold flavor as opposed to the heart of darkness that commonly gets associated with their coffee type. As the beans are picked from this vast and varied landscape, from the slops of Kilimanjaro to the dry plains of Ethiopia, the taste possibilities vary. As the beans are ground by hand in the villages, the end result is a less fine coffee but one that is perfect for an aromatic morning. African coffees are perfect when paired with chocolate that are crammed full of fruits and nuts. In particular Tanzanian Peabody and Ethiopian Blueberry are a fine example of being a coffee type that releases fruity notes and chocolaty undertones.
Monday, April 22, 2013
Wine and Chocolate Pairings
Wine and Chocolate - A Match Made in Heaven
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
A Chocolate Fortune in the Stars
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)
Taurus (Apr 21 - May 21)
Gemini (May 22 - Jun 21)
Cancer (Jun 22 - Jul 22)
Leo (Jul 23 - Aug 21)
Virgo (Aug 22 - Sept 23)
Libra (Sept 24 - Oct 23)
Scorpio (Oct 24 - Nov 22)
Sagittarius (Nov 23 - Dec 22)
Capricorn (Dec 23 - Jan 20)
Aquarius (Jan 21 - Feb 19)
Pisces (Feb 20 - Mar 20)
Thursday, April 11, 2013
34 Rules of Eating Chocolate
34 Rules of Eating Chocolate
- There is no such thing as too much chocolate… ever!
- There is definitely such a thing as not enough chocolate.
- When your friends say you look fabulous, it's not bragging to tell them about your secret chocolate diet.
- A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away (except the cute ones).
- White chocolate keeps your teeth bright… we think. But hey, why ruin a good story with the truth?
- Eating chocolate before dinner may spoil your appetite, but don't worry, another appetite will come along soon.
- Chocolate is a "superfood" that provides your recommended daily allowance of pleasure in one sitting.
- If it says "chocolate flavored" on the packet, don't eat it. Save your money for real chocolate.
- Cheap chocolate is bad for your ego. You are worth more than that.
- The only time you can eat chocolate slow and easy is when you are alone.
- Chocolate is exempt from the golden rule of sharing.
- Chocolate is bad for dogs…and children…and husbands…and neighbors.
- Chocolate is good for YOU!
- They say you should give yourself a gift each day, but with chocolate, it is proper etiquette to give yourself five to ten gifts a day.
- Chocolate doesn’t give you pimples, your dirty fingers do, so wash your hands before and after eating and everything is fine.
- Double dunking at the chocolate fountain is proper etiquette (as long as you don't get caught).
- Chocolate is the best way to cheer up a bad day.
- Pure chocolate and happiness goes hand in hand.
- Chocolate covered fruit is not gay, yet makes you more kissable.
- Life is there to be lived and chocolate is there to help you live it.
- Children are short, store chocolate in high places to save it from their grubby little mitts.
- They say chocolate is a moment on the lips and a lifetime on the hips, but who are "they?"
- If no one saw you eat the chocolate, you didn’t actually eat the chocolate.
- If the kids see you eating chocolate, tell them it's a brown vegetable bar.
- You can hide chocolate by the vacuum cleaner and it will never be found.
- Chocolate is the one food that won’t leave you with a pile of dishes.
- Chocolate is actually a fruit derived from pods of the cacao tree and it's okay to have fruit for lunch.
- Chocolate melts if left out, so you should eat it quickly.
- Even if you have nothing in common, you always have chocolate in common.
- Chocolate is the eighth wonder of the world.
- Eating chocolate will keep you sweet.
- Chocolate is the only food that tastes as good in liquid form as it does in solid, it’s a modern miracle!
- Chocolate is a "perfect food" - I mean, if you were in a disaster, what would you want more?
- Giving a chocolate piece is the best token of peace you can give.
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
A word from the Master Chocolatier- Gluten Free Cake, Drinking Chocolate and Mousse Recipes
Gluten Free Cake RecipeWhen baking gluten free baked goods, I enjoy using Almond Flour. It is lower glycemic, higher in protein and gluten free. It makes the cake heavy but if you like you can lighten it by adding a little extra egg or baking powder. The chocolates I prefer to use in my gluten free recipes are the following:
Manjo (my personal favorite for all recipes): Manjo Dark Chocolate
Red Cocoa (incredible versatility and A+ flavor): Red Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Red Cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-3/4 cup almond flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk or almond milk (works the same)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla.
Ganache Frosting RecipeIt is always nice to add a little frosting to the cake...
- 1 pound (16 oz) Manjo with 1 oz honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 oz cream (approximate)
Ganache Instructions:Melt all together and whip up to a frosting.
Drinking Chocolate Recipe
Rio Tigre 75% chocolate: Rio Tigre 75% Chocolate
- 16 oz Rio Tigre 75%
- 1 oz honey
- 9 oz heavy cream
Baking from the Heart
Monday, April 8, 2013
The Hidden Troubles of a Chocolatier
A Chocolatier's Laundry
The Golden Rule
Let it Sit
Baking Soda is your Best Friend
Club Soda Anyone?
Turn yourself into a Walking Cake
If in Doubt
If at First You Don’t Succeed, Go Brown
Friday, April 5, 2013
Funny Stories: Chocolate and Dating
Here at Santa Barbara Chocolate we are just crazy about all things sweet, especially chocolate. We are firm believers that chocolate can solve almost any problem and there’s no treat like the pure unadulterated taste of true chocolate. Chocolate and dating have gone hand in hand since the beginning of time because we all know that when it comes down to it, nothing can compete with a special moment made of sensuality and chocolate. At Santa Barbara Chocolate we are always keen to spread the joy and encourage the passion of chocolate and over the years we’ve heard some little stories and remarks about chocolate and dating to make you smile….
On our third date he asked me if I was into S&M’s, I thought he had pronounced it wrong so I answered, oh sure I love them, especially the peanut ones. He didn’t call me back.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Santa Barbara Chocolate - Health and Happiness
The Three Powerful Ingredients in Our Organic Chocolate
- Customers Who Know Their Chocolate
- California Flavor Profile
- Quality Chocolate
Amazing Quality and Health
Online Service and Variety
The Organic Influence
Friday, March 29, 2013
Easter Bunnies' Chocolate
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Gluten Free Chocolate Made Simple
|Gluten Free Extra Dark Chocolate Cake made with Santa Barbara Chocolate.|
Monday, March 25, 2013
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
California Transparency in Supply Chains ActThe State of California enacted the Transparency in Supply Chains Act, which requires manufacturers and retailers to provide information about their efforts to ensure safety against Human Trafficking within their supply chains. The purpose of this disclosure is to provide our customers with the information necessary to make informed decisions as a consumer.
Santa Barbara Chocolate Company is an industry leader in providing fine food products to professional chocolatiers, chefs and bakers. We are driven by our chocolate, our customers, and California. We manage our company with strong values and we intensely support the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor, child exploitation, slavery, and human trafficking. We understand these forms of labor are an abuse of fundamental human rights, violate our code of conduct and are entirely unacceptable to Santa Barbara Chocolate Company.
At Santa Barbara Chocolate Company, we are compliant with all applicable state and federal laws, including those regarding the treatment and managing of employees and our supply chain. We pride ourselves on conducting ethical business with integrity while maintaining a high standard of quality and certification standards.
For more information about our policies, please visit www.SantaBarbaraChocolate.com.